Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The start of weight lifting.

Yesterday morning was a rough one. I started to leave my neighborhood and had to stop to check my tires because my car said that I had low tire pressure. None of my tires look low, but annoying none the less. Then I got stuck waiting on a train. By the time I got to the gym, I was running about 15 minutes late. I hopped on the elliptical and was able to get a pretty good 35 minute workout in. I really like to do a 45 minute workout, but sometimes time just won't allow for that to happen. The worst part was that I burned 300-350 calories and proceeded to the Hardee's drive through where I consumed two cinnamon raisin biscuits. At a measly 500+ calories, my day didn't start off well. Especially considering I knew I was going out to dinner last night. Oh well, today is a new day. Speaking of today, I worked out with Dale and the workout group this morning. Dale walked me through each exercise and introduced me to everyone. The group primarily consists of women, but one person's husband also lifts with them. Everyone was so nice. Dale even complimented me on my form. He was impressed with my ability to do a pull up. It was an assisted pull up, so I'm not sure why he was so impressed, but it made me smile. :) When we were finishing up several of the group was heading to Dale's cycling class. I had to head to work so no cycling class for me. Not to worry, I will be back at the Y this afternoon with Jay for my own cycling class. The group, lead by Dale, swims on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. They invited me to join. Actually, not only did Dale invite me, but two of the ladies also invited me. I guess tonight I will see if my old bathing suit fits.....

2 comments:

  1. I've only taken one cycling class (the studio closed like, two weeks after I tried it for the first time), but it was SO FUN! Clay and I are going to join the Y here next month and I've heard that some of those types of fitness classes will be included in our membership. Can't wait!

    And don't sweat undoing your day with some drive-thru breakfast. I can't even tell you how many times I've run and then gone straight home to eat a bowl of Lucky Charms. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried a cycle pump class? It's awesome! They only offer it at the downtown Indy Y, so I don't know if they offer it at the Btown Y. I haven't tried a straight up cycling class in years. I'll have to check it out!

      Delete