Friday, August 9, 2013

I need to do more research!

I did my usual elliptical this morning. Next week I can return to the treadmill. I know the Drs don't want me running anymore, but I already signed up to run a 5K with a co-worker/friend of mine. I have a long way to go before then, and I really want to be able to say that I ran a 5k at some point in my life. I'm signed up for other 5ks, but I can walk those without feeling bad. I also joined the abs class this morning for 30 minutes. Just like last time, it was challenging! Feel the burn! Tonight we are taking Aiden to a firetrucks and ice cream event so we are going out to dinner. Nothing super exciting, but we plan to go to McAlister's Deli. Since I have been really bad on tracking my calories lately I decided to look up the nutrition menu ahead of time. Holy calories!!! Things that I thought weren't too bad calorie wise are horrible and some menu items surprised me with how few calories they have. Unfortunately, my beloved chocolate-loving spoon cake has over 700 calories. I'll need a hard core workout before I can even think about that tasty treat. So, I wrote down several "healthy" options and will take my list with me to dinner. I don't want too many calories, because I will eat ice cream. :) Oh, and Monday morning I am going to join the lifting group at the Y. Jay says he will start going in the afternoon after work, if I go as well. So, next week I will be going to the Y twice a day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and once a day the remainder of the week. Let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment