Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Colts Preseason 5k

I'm still trying to get into my groove of blogging. I'm trying to figure out what computer to use, whether to post in the morning or at the end of the day, how to post pictures so that people actually want to look at my blog, etc. Thanks for sticking around as I try to feel my way through this new world.

This past weekend I participated in the Colts Preseason 5k with a co-worker/friend of mine. It was early. The race started at 7:30 and I had to be downtown, parked, and ready to go around 6:30. Why on earth I felt that was so early is beyond me because every week day I get up at 4:30, workout, and get to work by 7am. I actually got to sleep in to participate in the 5k. But, as we lined up for the start of the race, I took this picture of the sun rising.
It wasn't until we were lining up that I really realized that the sun hadn't risen.

As we were waiting for our heat to start I took a picture of Lucas Oil Stadium and a selfie of Jamie (my co-worker/friend) and I.

We were both nursing minor injuries and hadn't trained appropriately, so we probably only ran half a mile or so and walked the rest. But, we still managed to finish in 42 minutes. Not the greatest, but we had a good time. I took a couple of pictures along the way.

The Monument on the circle.

Lucas Oil from West Street.

Lucas Oil as we were approaching to make our final 40 yard dash.

The final 40 yards was timed for a 40 yeard dash. Jamie finished about a second before me and I completed my dash in 9.47 seconds. I was by no means near the fastest dasher (is that a word?) but I was please. Plus, it was so much fun to dash across the football field! The ground was cushioned and it was neat to see the stadium from the point of view of a player. Below is a picture of the tunnel we ran through and the finish line.

Me with my finishers medal.

Jamie and I post race.

We had a great time and I can't wait to do it again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment